The secrecy with which Google works its positioning algorithm has led to the emergence of numerous theories and myths about SEO. Discover here some of the most widespread myths about positioning.
As we have explained in our SEO guide for hoteliers, getting the web of our hotels to be among the first search results in google is essential in the online marketing strategy
of any hotelier.
The truth is that the secrecy with which Google works its positioning algorithm has led to the emergence of numerous theories and myths about SEO. Therefore, we present some of the most widespread myths and that all users who want to know better the world of SEO should know.
1. SEO is a quick solution. With the latest updates of the Google algorithm it is no longer possible to get results in the short term. A good positioning is a medium / long term investment based on the construction of a user experience strategy through the content of value, promotion, social signals and brand value.
2. Keywords are the key to SEO. For a while now, keyword optimization is no longer the most important part of SEO positioning. For Google no longer a keyword in particular, if not fixed in the intention to search, that is, try to identify the needs of the user.
At the same time, the extended myth of continually repeating the same key word throughout a text is increasingly counterproductive since, as we have seen in this guide, we can be doing Keyword stuffing, which consists in the excessive use of Keywords, action that Google penalizes.
3. The more pages and more content the better. There are theories that say that the more pages and the more content is generated, the better the chances of positioning the keywords and the faster the positioning will be improved.
But the reality is very different because if you create a lot of content, users will not be able to read it, this content will not be shared, and it will result in content with little value that Google can understand as simple noise.
4. Having a secure domain is not important. The difference between websites that start with 'http' and 'https' is a security protocol that uses an SSL certificate to encrypt traffic between client and server, therefore 'https' makes any website more secure.
Well, in 2014 Google announced that the algorithm would begin to take into account the use of HTTPS to calculate the positioning of a website.
5. The home page should have a lot of content. Another widely spread myth is that it says that the homepage of a web, being the most important, must have much content and text, the more the better, since this way we will be able to position ourselves for more keywords.
The home page should have as its sole objective to inform the user about who the company is and what is offered. What's more, for SEO, it counts more the internal structure and how valuable the other pages are in terms of content than the main page.
6. The more links the better. It is true that one of the key factors for Google when positioning is the links that point to a website. But after the last update of the Google algorithm, the number of links pointing to a website has lost relevance, and what has really begun to be important is the quality of these links.
If you want to know more about SEO positioning and some techniques and tips to make your website better positioned, do not hesitate anymore and download our SEO guide for hoteliers
completely free of charge.